Acclimating to a new location is a crucial first step to feeling at home. Once the client arrives, the Destination Services consultant will begin a show and tell to reset the client’s personal compass.
- An overview of the local housing market, using maps and data to highlight the key factors based on the pre-arrival assessment
- Familiarization with the local medical facilities, including urgent care centers, hospitals and concentrations of medical professionals
- Locations of leisure, entertainment, dining, shopping, cultural, sports events & facilities
- An explanation of the public transportation system, its cost and how/where to access it
- An overview of historic places of interest, especially those of particular importance to the local community
- An overview of family research results; for example, local hobbies, favorite family activities, networking options, language schools, places of worship
- Location of key local, state and federal government offices, including police and fire
This process is tailored to the unique needs and interests of the client and their family. The goal is to introduce the client to the area and increase their comfort level in the new location.